Saturday, January 26, 2013

Beachy necklace holder.

  I picked up a bunch of stamp pad handles a couple of days ago.
My thought was to use them as pegs for towel holders, necklace holders, that sort of thing.  I'm always picking up interesting pieces of driftwood on the beach and putting them aside for a rainy day.
I decided to use a small well worn piece and 2 of the stamp pad handles to create a small necklace holder today. I'm really happy with the result. So here is a quick tutorial of how to do it.
Step 1 :  Select a piece of driftwood that you like. And a couple of pegs of some sort. I used stamp pad handles.

Drill a hole for each peg to fit in. I made the holes slightly smaller than the part of the peg that goes in it to ensure a tight fit. I filled each hole with wood glue.

 Push the pegs into the holes. I had to twist them in. Wipe of any excess glue that squeezes out.
Here is a side view
You need some way to hang the driftwood on your wall. I used a  picture frame hanger that had sharp points you push in.

Finished product.

Another view of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment