Saturday, January 19, 2013

Re-purposing

  I'm always on the lookout for items that can be re-purposed. 

It's a lot of fun to turn something that has been cast off into 

something unique and useful. It's also "green", and a good way to 

give your home a look that is special to you.  Here are a few photos

of some of my recent projects.


Here is a bookshelf that I created by turning an wooden Model T Ford pick-up bed on end and adding barn-wood shelves.

A hanging light made out of a vintage colander.

A fun way to display old photos, take an old door and string jute twine in a zig-zag pattern. Use clothes pis to hold the photos onto the line.

 A display cabinet using a vintage window for the door, and the sides to an old dresser for the sides of the cabinet.
 A door from a house built in 1875. I turned it into sort of a hall tree. The shelf is a  small old crate. I like the contrast between the very ornate mirror and the rustic wood of the door. I'm still trying to decide on what to use for coat hooks.

1 comment:

  1. Fun, creative way to use jute in your decor! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my roundup of jute craft projects here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete